Planning Your Visit To Motor City Pride
Motor City Pride takes place in beautiful downtown Detroit at Hart Plaza, 1 Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI, 48226.
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Entrances Open: 1:00 PM
Entrances Close: 8:30 PM
Festival Closes: 10:00 PM
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Parade Step-off (Fort and Griswold Street): 11:00 AM
Entrances Open: 11:00 AM
Entrances Close: 6:00 PM
Festival Closes: 7:00 PM
• There will be two entrances to the festival, one at Jefferson Avenue and Woodward and one along the Detroit River walkway.
• There is a $5.00 cover charge for festival goers 21 and over.
• Security will check bags coming into the festival. The following items are not allowed to be brought in:
-Beverages, including water bottles
-Umbrellas larger then a golf umbrella
-Roller blades and skate boards
Bicycles can be secured inside the main entrance gate.
Some of our parking suggestions include:
• Underground Ford Lot. At the center intersection of Jefferson and Woodward Avenues. This lot is $15.00 for the day and is the closest to Hart Plaza (700 spaces).
• Cobo Hall Roof Lot (625 West Congress Street). 1,000+ spaces and is $10.00 for the day.
• The two parking structures on Beaubien Street East of the Renaissance Center are $9.00 for the day.
• The Miller Structure on the west side of the Renaissance Center is convenient, but rates are by the hour. $10.00 for 2-5 hours; $15.00 for 5-10 hours; maximum cost of $20 for the day.
• There are also many other lots around the city for less, and you can take the People Mover to the Cobo Hall or Financial District Stops.
Rest Room Facilities
There are two sets of restrooms on the lower level of the Plaza. These facilities have running water. There will also be portable facilities on the upper level of the Plaza near the river walk entrance.
Food and Beverage
The festival has 14 different food vendors that will be selling everything from vegetarian items and grilled food to pizza and burgers. These booths will also have soft drinks and water for purchase.
Our Beverage Areas will feature Budweiser products, Three Olives Vodka, and Long Island Iced Teas.
While we love our pets, because of the hot pavement and large crowds, we encourage you to keep them in the comfort of your home. If you do bring a pet, only pets that can walk into the festival and are on a leash will be allowed.
Check the weather – we are hoping that you will need sunscreen, but since its Michigan, you may also want to have an umbrella (remember nothing larger then a golf umbrella). Hart Plaza has a lower level that will provide shelter from any weather that might pass through.
If you need to contact someone during the festival, you may ask any staff member, police officer, or security officer for assistance.
Motor City Pride is a project of Equality Michigan. Equality Michigan is Michigan’s statewide organization serving the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) and allied communities. Motor City Pride is an important part of building bridges in the larger community and advancing the mission of Equality Michigan to promote equality and to secure freedom from violence, intimidation and discrimination for GLBT persons throughout Michigan.
Through Motor City Pride and other community events, Equality Michigan continues working toward our vision of a society characterized by a strong commitment to universal civil rights; safe communities, workplaces and schools; stable families and self-reliant LGBT individuals.
If you would like more information, please contact Equality Michigan:
19641 West Seven Mile Road
Detroit, Michigan 48219-2721
Report Hate Crimes & Discrimination:
1-866-962-1147 (New Number!)